Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tara Prayer

Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Due to this merit may I soon
Attain the enlightened state of Guru Tara
That I may be able to liberate
All sentient beings from their suffering.

O compassionate and venerable subduer,
May the infinite beings, including myself,
Soon purify the two obscurations and complete both collections
So that we may attain full enlightenment.

For all of our lives, until I reach this stage,
May I know the happiness of humans and gods.
So that I may become fully omniscient,
Please pacify quickly all obstacles, interferences,
Obstructions, epidemics, diseases and so forth,
The various causes of untimely death,
Bad dreams and omens, the eight fears and other afflictions
And make it so that they no longer exist.

May the mundane and supramundane collections
Of all excellence, auspicious qualities and happiness
Increase and develop and may all wishes
Be fulfilled naturally and effortlessly, without an exception.

May I strive to realize and increase the sacred Dharma,
Accomplishing your stage and beholding your sublime face.
May my understanding of emptiness and the precious altruistic intention
Increase like the moon waxing full.

May I be reborn from an extremely beautiful and holy lotus
In the joyous and noble mandala of the conqueror.BR> May I attain whatever prophecy I receive
In the presence of Amitabha, Buddha of Infinite Light.

O deity, whom I have accomplished from previous lives
The enlightening influence of the three-time Buddhas,
Blue-green, one face and two arms, the swift pacifier,
O mother, holding an utpala flower, may you be auspicious!

Whatever your body, O Mother of Conquerors,
Whatever your retinue, life span and pure land,
Whatever your name most noble and holy,
May I and all others attain only these.

By the force of these praises and requests made to you,
May all disease, poverty, fighting and quarrels be calmed,
May the precious Dharma and everything auspicious increase
Throughout the world and directions where I and all others dwell.

No comments: