Om. I sing the praises of Lakshmi,
Whose essence is supreme auspiciousness
And whose body is formed of golden light.
Her entire being sparkles with the radiance of pure gold.
She bears the golden lotus
And the golden vessel filled with seeds.
Seated at the left side of Vishnu,
She is Shakti, mother of all creation.
I sing the praises of Lakshmi,
Beloved mother of auspiciousness,
The eternal one
Who confers delight,
Fulfills all desires,
And guides all endeavors to successful fruition.
With my mind focused
On her majestic sovereignty,
Ever do I call upon the queen of the gods.
Again and again I praise that supreme lady.
I sing the praises of Mahashri, source of wisdom,
Mahashri, source of every success and happiness,
Mahashri, source of all good fortune,
Mahashri, eternal source of auspiciousness.
I glorify Hari's Beloved, source of prosperity,
The everlasting one
Who grants the delight of Self-recognition,
The charming one
Who gives birth to speech
And its amazing variegations.
I glorify that goddess
Who bestows happiness sweet and everlasting.
O Goddess, existing as the entire world,
You dwell in all beings as their essence.
O queen of endless bounty,
May your brilliance illumine the darkness of space
As you protect all of creation.
O Shri, I bow to your lotus feet.
You are destroyer of poverty, sorrow,
And fruitless endeavor.
In my state of wretchedness and scarcity,
I place myself at your lotus feet.
O Shri, anoint me with your merciful glance.
O Mother, be gracious.
Cast upon me your glance,
Moist with the nectar of compassion.
Let flow your mercy into my home.
Clinging to your lotus feet,
I bow to the one whose look
Destroys the pain that dwells in my heart.
I bow in reverence to you, O Shri.
Glory! Glory be to Lakshmi,
Who appears and disappears in the twinkling of an eye.
Glory! Glory be to Padma,
Dearly beloved lady of the lotus.
Glory! Glory be to Wisdom,
Seated at Vishnu’s left side.
Glory! May all offer glory and salutations to Shri,
Wellspring of prosperity.
Glory! Glory be to the goddess
Worshiped reverently by the assembly of gods.
Glory! Glory be to the auspicious one,
Good fortune embodied as the daughter of Bhrigu.
Glory! Glory be to the ever-spotless one,
Celebrated as supreme knowledge.
Glory! Glory be to the one
Who exists as the goodness
Inherent in all things.
Glory! Glory be to the delightful one
Who dwells in the magnificent depths of the sea.
Glory! Glory be to the golden one
Whose beautiful body sparkles with brilliant light.
Glory! Glory be to the charming one, the resplendent one.
Glory! Glory be to the tranquil one.
O auspicious goddess,
From Varaha Puranam. Translated by P.R.Ramachander
Namasthe Gaja Vakthraya , Namasthe Gana Nayaka Vinayaka Namosthesthu, Namasthe Chanda Vikrama
Salutations to the elephant headed one, Salutations to the leader of Ganas, Salutations to remover of obstacles, Salutations to greatly valorous one. Namosthu they Vighna karthre, Namasthe Sarpa Mekhala Namasthe Rudhra Vakthrotha, pralambha jatarasritha
Salutations to one solving obstacles, Salutations to one who wears serpent as belt, Salutations to one Who rose from the mouth of Rudra and whose stomach depends on his hanging trunk. Sarva Deva Namaskradh avighnam kuru Sarvadhaa
Due to the salutations of all devas, please remove obstacles always.
Phalasruthi Yevam sthuthaa devair Mahathma Gana Nayaka, Abhishiktham thu Rudrena Somaaya apathyathangatha.
After worshipping like this to the lord of Ganas, the devas, anointed Rudra, Who remedied the curse on the moon. Yethas Chathurthi sampannam Ganadhyakshasya Parthiva, Yathas thatho ayam mahathim thidhinaam paramam thithim.
When the Chathurthi tithi was complete, the king Who removes obstacles was born, and because of that that great thithi became a divine tithi. Yethasyaam yas thilaan Bhukthwaa Bhakthyaa Ganapathim Nrupa, Aaradhayathi Thasya aasu thushyathe naathra samsaya,
Those who eat the seasame with devotion to Ganesha, immediately after worshipping Him, without any doubt will make that Lord happy. Yas chaithath padathe stotram, Yas chaithath sruniyath thadhaa. Na thasya vighnaa jaayanthe, na papam sarvadhaa nrupa.
Those who read this prayer or those who listen to it, will never face any obstacles or sins by the grace of the king like lord.
From the Shiva Rahasya,
- "The Second Light".
Lord Shiva said:
7. O you who are at peace! Reality or Truth is Eternally One, without a doubt. Yet in order to manifest Its Eternal Glory, Truth creates the various Worlds out of Itself. Therefore It exists in different States or Forms. They are: Spirit, which is like unto Fire; Energy, which is like unto the Sun; and Matter which is like unto the Moon.
8. The Fiery Spirit is Self-Shining Intelligence, Awareness, Consciousness Itself. It is Shiva, the All-Encompassing, All-Illuminning Reality in Its Restful, Unmanifest State.
9. The Sunlike Energy is the Intelligent Power that flows from the Divine Fire even as rays flow from the Sun. It is the Power whereby Spirit creates the Worlds. It is Spirit in Its Active State of Pure, Flowing and Free, Creative Intelligence (Chit Shakti). It has two aspects, one likened unto a Bright Sun, the other unto a Dark Sun. The first named, the Bright Sun, gives rise to the Higher World of Spirit wherein dwell the Radiant Ones. The second, the Dark Sun, gives rise to the Dark World of Matter wherein abide the unawakened Souls. Embodied Souls are endowed with the quality of both brightness and darkness, and therefore they work good and evil deeds.
10. Verily, the same Sun-like Intelligent Power, having brought to pass the Creation of the Higher Worlds, materialises or solidifies to various degrees giving birth to the Material World from the Astral down to the Physical Planes. As such it is called Matter. It is Spirit in Its Materialised, Manifest State and is likened to the Moon.
11. The same Power Divine when elevating the Soul to the Abode of Light is called Shakti. When it envelops the Soul like a shroud and pulls him down into the Material World, is known as Maya, the Lord's Magic Power. In its aspect of Objectively Perceptible Substance, it is known as Matter (Prakrti). When experienced in dormant form, as in deep sleep, it is called Unmanifest Matter (Avyakta Prakrti) or Void.
12. Verily, everything perceived by the Soul is a manifestation of the Power of the Lord. The Universe consists of both Matter and Spirit which are the two Aspects of the One Reality. Time is the third aspect. The Great, Eternal and Beginning-less Time which is One with the Lord, gives rise to Matter. Having given birth to Matter it manifests itself in the interaction of Matter and Spirit. Thus limited Time known to unawakened man, is born.
13. Spirit, Time and Matter form the World wherein reside all mortal men. I am both identical with and different from these three, which are eternally stationed within Me, the Unmanifested Supreme.
14. That which is known as Matter or Material Energy (Prakrti) gives birth to the Material Universe (Jagat) beginning with the Intellect and ending with the particularised forms. The Life-Principle called Soul (Atma) enjoys the attributes of Matter as he interacts with it, and falls under its spell.
15. Though being One, the Soul is given various names such as, Spirit, Real I, True Man or Inner Self, by those who contemplate the Things-That-Are (Tattvas). Though being One, it is seen as many through the Lord's Magic that enchants the World. The wise who have freed themselves from the spell of the World and who have risen above material objects, senses, ego and mind, they alone know that the Soul is their real Self.
Krishna awake, for the day has dawned:
large, deep and lotus-like,
your eyes are as in the love-shaped lake
a pair of swans even a million Kamadevas cannot vie
with the bewitching beauty of your face;
the sun rises in the east,
a crimson ball the night is going
and the moonlight pales
the lamps turn dim
and the stars fade out
as though the bright radiance of wisdom's rays
dispels the pleasures that the senses tire,
and the light of hope chases away
the murky darkness of despair and doubt.
Listen, the birds sing
aloud with glee O sweet child,
life of my life,
my sole wealth,
O darling boy,
bards and minstrels
sing your praises,
saying 'victory! victory!'
Clusters of lotuses burst into bloom
the bumblebees humming with sweet sound
leave the lotuses;
as though the devout renouncing worldly ties,
in your love drowned
chant your name as they go about.
Hearing his mother's words with love
drenched the Lord of Mercy arose from his bed;
the world's woes vanished, maya's net was rent.
'Seeing his lotus face delusion fled;
all doubts and dualities were destroyed and I found in Govinda eternal joy.
Om Parvatiyai namaha Om Mahadaivai namaha Om Janagnamatre namaha Om Saraswatai namaha Om Chandakai namaha Om Lokajananai namaha Om Sarvadevaadidevatai namaha Om Gowrai namaha Om Paramai namaha Om Eesanai namaha Om Nagemdratanayai namaha Om Satyai namaha Om Brahamacharinai namaha Om Sarvanai namaha Om Devamatrai namaha Om Trilochanai namaha Om Brahamai namaha Om Vaishanvai namaha Om Roudrai namaha Om Kalaratrai namaha Om Tapaswitai namaha Om Sivadoodai namaha Om Visalakshai namaha Om Chamundai namaha Om Chitklai namaha Om Chinmayakarai namaha Om Mahishasuramardanai namaha Om Katyai namaha Om Kalaroopai namaha Om Girijai namaha Om Menakatamai namaha Om Bhavanai namaha Om Mrutyukai namaha Om Mahagowrai namaha Om Ramai namaha Om Raamai namaha Om Suchismtiai namaha Om Brahamaroopinai namaha Om Rajayalakshmai namaha Om Sivapriyai namaha Om Narayanai namaha Om Mahasakyai namaha Om Navodai namaha Om Bhagyadai namaha Om Annapoornanai namaha Om Sadanandai namaha Om Yavanai namaha Om Mohinai namaha Om Agnayasuddai namaha Om Jhagnigamai namaha Om Nityai namaha Om Nityaswaroopinai namaha Om Kamalayai namaha Om Kamalakarai namaha Om Raktavarnanai namaha Om Kalanidai namaha Om Madhupriyai namaha Om Kalyanai namaha Om Karunai namaha Om Janstanai namaha Om Veerapatnai namaha Om Viroopakshai namaha Om Veerdipatai namaha Om Hemabsai namaha Om Strutstiroopai namaha Om Strustisamhara karinai namaha Om Ramjanai namaha Om Yavanakarai namaha Om Paramesapriyayai namaha Om Parai namaha Om Prushnai namaha Om Pushpakarai namaha Om Purushardhapradai namaha Om Maharoopai namaha Om Maharoudrai namaha Om Kamakeshai namaha Om Vamadevai namaha Om Varadai namaha Om Bhayanasinai namaha Om Vagdevai namaha Om Varahai namaha Om Viswatoshninai namaha Om Vardaneeyayai namaha Om Visalakshai namaha Om Kulasampratpadayai namaha Om Aardhadukhacheedadakshayai namaha Om Ambai namaha Om Nikhiliyoginai namaha Om Sadapurastarastai namaha Om Tarorormalatangatalai namaha Om Haravahasamauktai namaha Om Nimokshaparayanai namaha Om Dharadaraabhavai namaha Om Muktai namaha Om Paramantrai namaha Om Karapradai namaha Om Kalyanai namaha Om Vaghbavai namaha Om Daivai namaha Om Kleem Karinyai namaha Om Samvidai namaha Om Eswarai namaha Om Hreemkara Beejai namaha Om Sambhavai namaha Om Pravatmikai namaha Om Sri Mahagowrai namaha Om Maha Devyai namaha Om Parvatiyai namaha