Monday, July 8, 2013

Mritasanjeevani Kavacham

evam aradhya gaurisham devam mrityunjeswaram । 
mritasanjivanam namna kavacham prajapet sada ॥
Thus after worshipping the Lord of Gowri, Who is the God who won over death, always propagate the knowledge of the armour called victory over death.
sarat sarataram punyam guhyadguhyataram shubham ।
mahadevasya kavacham mritasanjeevanabhidham॥
Holy essence of essences and auspicious secret of secrets, is the armour of Lord Shiva which is like a medicine for death.
samahitamana bhootva shrinushv kavacham shubham । 
shritvaitad divya kavacham rahasyam kuru sarvada ॥
Make others hear the auspicious armour with a disciplined mind, or hear the holy armour but keep it as secret always.
varabhayakaro yajva sarvadevanishevitah ।
mrityunjayo mahadeva prachyam mam patu sarvada ॥
Let the great God Mrityunjaya, Who is honoured by all devas, and Who shows his hands as blessing and protection guard my east side always.
dadhaanah shaktimabhayam trimukha shadbhujah prabhuh । 
sadashivo agniroopi mam agneyyam patu sarvada ॥
Giving power and protection and having three faces and six hands, let the Sadhashiva with the form of fire protect my south east.
ashtadasabhujopeto dandabhayakaro vibhuh ।
yamaroopi mahadevo dakshinnasyam sadavatu ॥
Let the great God having the form of God of death, and having eighteen hands along with a fearful form protect my south.
khadgabhayakaro dhiro rakshogannanishevitah ।
rakshoroopi mahesho mam nairrityam sarvadavatu ॥
Let the fearful one with unkempt form, who is courageous, Who is interested in protecting his Ganas, who has the form of protection, and Who is the great god always protect my South west.
pashabhayabhujah sarvaratnakaranishevitah ।
varunatma mahadeva pashchime mam sadavatu ॥
Let my west be always be protected by the great God having the form of Varuna,Who has goad and protection in his hand and who is served by people having all type of gems.
gadabhayakarah prannanayakah sarvadagatih ।
vayavyam marutatma mam shankarah patu sarvada ॥
Let Lord Shankara who is having the spirit of the wind, Who is fearful, holding the mace, Who is the Lord of the soul, and Who is the protection at all times protect my north west.
shangkhabhayakarastho mam nayakah parameshvarah । 
sarvatmantaradigbhage patu mam shankarah prabhuh ॥
Let Lord Shankara holding the conch and showing protection, and Who is my Lord Parameswara, protect me, in the inside of all my souls .
shoolabhayakarah sarvavidyanamadhinayakah ।
eeshanatma tathaishanyan patu mam parameshvarah ॥
Let the Parameshwara holding the fearful trident, Who is the great God of all knowledge, Who is the soul of Ishanya protect my North east.
oordhvabhage brahma roopi vishvatma-adhah sadavatu । 
shiro me shankarah patu lalatan chandrashekharah ॥
Let God with the form of Brahma protect my above part,
Let the God of the universe protect my below part,
Let Shankara protect my head and Chandra Shekara my forehead.
bhoomadhyam sarvalokeshastrinetro lochane-a-vatu । 
bhrooyugmam girishah patu karnau patu maheshvarah ॥
Let the God of all the worlds protect the middle of eyebrows,
Let my eyes be protected by God with three eyes.
Let my two eye brows be protected by Lord of the mountain,
Let Maheshwara protect my ears.
nasike me mahadev oshthau patu vrishadhvajah । 
jihvam me dakshinamoortirdantanme girisho-a-vatu ॥
Let Mahadeva protect my nose,
Let the God with bull in his flag protect my lips,
Let my tongue be protected by Dakshinamurthy,
And let my teeth be protected by the Lord of the mountain.
mrituynjayo mukham patu kandam me nagabhooshannah । 
pinaki matkarau patu trishooli hridayam mam ॥
Let the winner over death protect my mouth,
Let the one decorates himself with serpent protect my neck,
Let the God holding Pinaki bow protect my hand,
And the one with trident protect my heart.
panchavaktrah stanau patu udaram jagadishvarah । 
nabhim patu viroopaksha parshvau me parvathi patih ॥
Let my breasts be protected by the five headed one,
Let the Lord of the universe protect my stomach,
Let my navel be protected by Viroopaksha,
Let my nearby areas be protected by consort of Parvathi.
katadvayam girishau me prishtham me pramathadhipah । 
guhyam maheshvara patu mamoroo patu bhairava॥
Let both my waists be protected by lord of the mountain,
Let my back side be protected by the lord of Pramadhas,
Let Maheshwara protect my private parts ,
And let Bhairava protect my knees.
januni me jagaddarta jangghe me jagadambika ।
padau me satatam patu lokavandyah sadashiva ॥
Let my thighs be protected by the punisher of the world,
Let my shanks be protected by the Goddess of the world,
Let my feet be always protected by Sadashiva whom the world salutes.
girishah patu me bharyan bhavah patu sutanmam ।
mrityunjayo mamayushyam chittam me gannanayakah ॥
Let my wife be protected by the Lord of the mountain,
Let the great one protect my sons,
Let the winner over death protect my life ,
And let the Lord of the Ganas protect my mind.
sarvanggam me sada patu kalakala sadashiva । 
etatte kavacham punyam devatanam cha durlabham ॥
Let all the parts of my body be always protected by Sadashiva, Who killed God of death, this is the holy armour which is not easily available to the devas.
mrita sanjivanam namnam mahadeven keertitam । 
sahsravartanam cha asya purashcharannamiritam ॥
This armour of God Shiva, which is called that which is the medicine for death, if read one thousand times would be preparatory step to go to the sea of his.
yah padeth chhrinuyannityam shravayetsu samahitah । 
sakalamrityun nirjity sadayushyam samashnute ॥
If this is read or heard daily, or explained properly to others, it would, after avoiding untimely death, make his life equal to hundred.
hasten va yada sprutva mrutham sangjivayatyasau । 
aadhayovyadhyastasy ne bhavanti kadachana ॥
If by taking in the hand Mruthasanjeevini Kavacha, a sick one is touched, that sickness will not occur again.
kalamriyumapi praptamasau jayati sarvada ।
animadi gunaishvaryam labhate manavottamah ॥
The great human being would always win over untimely death, and he would also get the eight occult powers like anima.
yuddarambhe pathitvedamashtavishati varakam । 
yuddamadhye sthitah shatruh sadyah sarvairn drishyate ॥
If this is read twenty eight times before the war by the resister,
Then the enemy who are placed in the middle of the war would vanish.
na brahmadini chastrani kshayan kurvanti tasy vai ।
vijayan labhate devayuddamadhye-a-pi sarvada ॥
Not even the arrows of Brahma, could even make him weak, and he would get victory, even in the middle of war always.
pratarootthaya satatan yah padet kavacham shubham । 
akshayyam labhate saukhyamih loke paratra cha ॥
He who reads this holy armour daily as soon as he wakes up in the morning, without any limit he would get happiness in this world and in the other.
sarvavyadhivinirmriktah sarvarogavivarjitah ।
ajaramarano bhootva sada shodashavarshikah ॥
He would get freedom from all diseases, and all diseases would keep away from him and he would be free from decay and diseases, and would always look as if he is sixteen years.
vicharavyakhilan lokan prapy bhoganshch durlabhan ।
tasmadidam mahagopyam kavacham samudahritam ॥
Staying it in this world, it helps you in attaining unattainable pleasures and so this is held as a very great secret, and so this armour is being talked about.
mritasanjivanan namna devatairapi durlabham ॥
This armour of making the dead alive is difficult to get even by the devas.
  ॥ iti vasishth krit mritasanjivan stotram ॥
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA

No comments: