Monday, March 24, 2014

What I do is what You do


"Amarnath". Photo by Daniel Berehulak
By   Saint Tāyumānavar

What I do is what You do.
For ever ever is this true.
What I am is what You are,
None different.
This the truth of Vedanta Siddhanta Samarasa;
To realize this,
How I pined and melted
Thine Grace knoweth.
In this state I seek to be for awhile.
But, alas! Ignorance seizes my thought
As an inveterate enemy.
Will mala, maya and karma depart?
Will birth in uninterrupted succession be my lot?
Thus is my mind in doubts tossed.
Do Thou grant the sword of faith.
Do Thou grant the courage of wisdom true
To sever the fetters of desire.
Do Thou grant thy Grace and redeem me!
Oh! Thou who filled all visible space
In unbroken continuity!
Thou, the Bliss that is Perfect Full!

---Translation by Dr. Natarajan

No comments: