Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rigvedokta Devi Sooktam

Rigvedokta Devi Sooktam  (Rig Veda 10.8.125)

Om Aham Rudrebhirvasubhiscaramyahama 
Dityairuta Visvade Vaih  |
Aham Mitravarunobha Bi Bharmyahami 
Ndragni Ahamasvinobha ||1||
Om ! I move along with the Rudras, Vasus, Adithas and all other Devas. I bear the Mithra, Varuna, Indra, Agni and the two Ashwini Devas.
Aham Soma Mahanasa m Bibharmyaham
Tvasta Ramuta Pusanam Bhagam |
Aham Da Dhami Dravi nam Havisma Te
Supravye Ye   Yaja Manaya Sunvate ||2||
I bear the Soman who is the destroyer of enemies and the Twashta, Bushan and Bagan. I give wealth to the performer of the Yajna or Sacrifice who submits sacrificial things in the Yajna, who pours the Soma rasa, and who makes the Devas receive the Havis or their due of the Sacrifice.
Aham Rastri  Sangama Ni Vasu Nam
Cikitusi  Prathama Yanniya Nam |
Tam Madeva Vya Dadhuh  Purutra Bhuri
Sthatram Bhu~Rya Vesayanti M ||3||
I am the Queen of the Universe; I give wealth to those who worship me. I am the all-knowing one and the prime one among the worshippable deities. I enter many bodies as the Atma, taking various forms and with different manifestations, in various ways. Hence, the Devas have incorporated me in various places.
Maya So Anna Matti Yo Vipasya Ti
Yah  Prani Ti Ya I m Srnotyuktam |
Amantavomanta Upa Ksiyanti Srudhi 
Srutam Sraddhivam Te Vadami ||4||
That one who eats food, who sees, breathes, and hears whatever is said, he does all that only through me (my powers). Those who do not understand me, die. O dear one ! (to the worshipper or devotee), hear this singing of mine with concentration.
Ahameva Svayamidam Vada Mi
Justa m Devebhi Ruta Manusebhih  |
Yam Kamaye Tam Ta Mugram Kr  nomi
Tam Brahmanam Tamrsim Tam Sumedham ||5||
"All these are me (and various manifestations of mine). I am the one worshipped by the Devas and the earthly beings. If I like someone (for his meditation towards me), I make him the greatest, the most intelligent as a Sage, and as a Self-Realised soul.
Aham Rudraya Dhanurata Nomi
Brahmadvise Sara Ve Hanta Va U |
Aham Jana Ya Samada m
Krnomyaham Dyava Prthivi Avi Vesa ||6||
I bend the bow of the Rudra to kill all those enemies who detest all good things. I fight these bad elements / enemies only for the people. I enter, pervade and persist throughout the earth and the sky.
Aham Suve Pitara Masya Murdhan
Mama Yoni Rapsvantah  Sa Mudre |
Tato Viti sthe Bhuvananu
Visvotamum Dyam Varsmanopa  Sprsami ||7||
I created the sky, which is (as a shelter) above the earth and which is fatherly for all beings. My creativity (power) is within the Ocean and waters. By that, I am present in all the worlds. And I touch the sky with my body
Ahameva Vata  Iva Prava Mya-Rabha
Mana Bhuva Nani Visva|
Paro Divapara Ena Pr  thivyai-Tava Ti
Mahina Samba Bhuva ||8||
When I start creating all the worlds, I function like the air (so fast in the function). I am taller and higher than the Sky. I am greater than this earth. Such is my valor, might, prowess and greatness."
Om Santih  Santih  Santiih  ||

|| Iti Rigvedoktam Devisuktam Samaptam ||


No comments: