Monday, September 21, 2015

Mahalakshmi Hridayam

From Shri Mahalakshmi Hridayam.

Om. I sing the praises of Lakshmi,
Whose essence is supreme auspiciousness
And whose body is formed of golden light.
Her entire being sparkles with the radiance of pure gold.
She bears the golden lotus
And the golden vessel filled with seeds.
Seated at the left side of Vishnu,
She is Shakti, mother of all creation.

I sing the praises of Lakshmi,
Beloved mother of auspiciousness,
The eternal one
Who confers delight,
Fulfills all desires,
And guides all endeavors to successful fruition.

With my mind focused
On her majestic sovereignty,
Ever do I call upon the queen of the gods.
Again and again I praise that supreme lady.

I sing the praises of Mahashri, source of wisdom,
Mahashri, source of every success and happiness,
Mahashri, source of all good fortune,
Mahashri, eternal source of auspiciousness.

I glorify Hari's Beloved, source of prosperity,
The everlasting one
Who grants the delight of Self-recognition,
The charming one
Who gives birth to speech
And its amazing variegations.
I glorify that goddess
Who bestows happiness sweet and everlasting.

O Goddess, existing as the entire world,
You dwell in all beings as their essence.
O queen of endless bounty,
May your brilliance illumine the darkness of space
As you protect all of creation.
O Shri, I bow to your lotus feet.

You are destroyer of poverty, sorrow,
And fruitless endeavor.
In my state of wretchedness and scarcity,
I place myself at your lotus feet.
O Shri, anoint me with your merciful glance.

O Mother, be gracious.
Cast upon me your glance,
Moist with the nectar of compassion.
Let flow your mercy into my home.
Clinging to your lotus feet,
I bow to the one whose look
Destroys the pain that dwells in my heart.
I bow in reverence to you, O Shri.

Glory! Glory be to Lakshmi,
Who appears and disappears in the twinkling of an eye.
Glory! Glory be to Padma,
Dearly beloved lady of the lotus.
Glory! Glory be to Wisdom,
Seated at Vishnu’s left side.
Glory! May all offer glory and salutations to Shri,
Wellspring of prosperity.

Glory! Glory be to the goddess
Worshiped reverently by the assembly of gods.
Glory! Glory be to the auspicious one,
Good fortune embodied as the daughter of Bhrigu.
Glory! Glory be to the ever-spotless one,
Celebrated as supreme knowledge.
Glory! Glory be to the one
Who exists as the goodness
Inherent in all things.

Glory! Glory be to the delightful one
Who dwells in the magnificent depths of the sea.
Glory! Glory be to the golden one
Whose beautiful body sparkles with brilliant light.
Glory! Glory be to the charming one, the resplendent one.

Glory! Glory be to the tranquil one.
O auspicious goddess,
Arrive quickly!

Om Sri Maha Lakshmyai Namaha

No comments: