Sunday, October 5, 2014

In My Hallucination

In my hallucination, I saw my Beloved's flower garden.
In my vertigo, in my dizziness, in my drunken haze,
Whirling and dancing like a spinning wheel.
I saw myself as the source of existence,
I was there in the beginning, and I was the spirit of love.
Now I am sober, there is only the hangover, and the memory,
and only the sorrow.
I yearn for happiness. I ask for help. I want mercy,
and my love says: look at me and hear me,
because I am here just for that.
I am your moon, and your moonlight too,
I am your flower garden and your water, too
I have come all this way. Eager for you, without shoes or shawl.
I want you to laugh, to kill all your worries.
To love you, to soothe you, to nourish you.
Oh sweet bitterness, I will soothe you, and heal you.
I will bring you roses. I, too, have been covered in thorns.

---By Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī



No comments: