Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sri Narasimha Mantra Raja Pada Stotram

From the Ahirbudhnya Samhita, a Pancharatra text.

SrI ISwara uvAca:
vRttOtphulla viSAlAxam vipaxa xayadIxitam
ninAdatrasta viSvAnDam viShNumugram namAmyaham ||1|

He who is having big and round eyes, He who has taken a vow to kill the enemies, He who by His fierce roars is shaking the entire world, to such a ferocious Lord, I offer my salutations.
sarvairavadyatAm prAptam sabalauGam ditEh sutam
naKAgraih SakalI cakrE yastam vIram namAmyaham ||2|

He who with His sharp nails tore to pieces the asura, the son of Diti who could not be killed by anyone along with His large armies. To such a valorous person, I offer my salutations.
padAvaShTabdha pAtAlam mUrdhAviShTa triviShTapam
bhujapraviShTAShTa diSam mahAviShNum namAmyaham ||3||

I offer my salutations to Maha Vishnu, whose feet touch the nether lands, whose forehead touches the heaven and whose hands spread in all directions.
jyOtIShyarkEndu naxatra jvalanAdI nyanukramAt
jvalanti tEjasA yasya tam jvalantam namAmyaham ||4||

He after whose luster the luminary bodies, the Sun, the Moon, the stars and fire are effulgent and are shining, to that resplendent One I offer my salutations.
sarvEndriyairapi vinA sarvam sarvatra sarvadA
yO jAnAti namA myAdyam tamaham sarvatOmukham ||5||

He who knows everything, all the time, and at all places, without the help of the senses, to such primal person who has faces in all directions, I offer my salutations.
naravat simhavaccaiva yasya rUpam mahAtmanah
mahAsaTam mahA damShTram tam nRsimham namAmyaham ||

To that Form of the Lord, which is half man and half lion, complete with the mane, the canine teeth, to such a divine Lord Narasimha, I offer my salutations.
yannAma smaraNAt BItA~h BUtavEtAla rAxasAh
rOgAdyASca praNaSyanti BIShaNam tam namAmyaham ||7||

By the mere thought of whose name, devils, demons, asuras get frightened, acute diseases get cured, to such a frightening One, I offer my salutations.
sarvOpi yam samASritya sakalam BadramaSnutE
SriyA ca BadrayA juShTam yastam Badram namAmyaham ||8||

I offer my salutations to the Lord, the repository of good things, worshipping whom all the people are able to obtain auspicious things.
sAxAt svakAlE samprAptam mRtyum SatRugaNAnvitam
BaktAnAm nASayEd yastu mRtyu mRtyum namAmyaham ||9||

He who is "Death to Death" and He who destroys death and hosts of enemies of the devotees by arriving at the right moment, to Him I offer my salutations.
namaskArAtmaakam yasmai vidyAtma nivEdanam
tyakta du:KOkilAn kAmAn aSnantam tam namAmyaham ||10||

I bow down to the One by offering obeisance to whom in the form of One's own self, people get rid of all miseries and obtain their desired objects.
dAsaBUtAh svatah sarvE hyAtmanah paramAtmanah
atOhamapi tE dAsah iti matvA namAmyaham |11||

All the living beings are, by nature, servants of the Supreme Being, I am prostrating to You, with the awareness that I am also for the same reason, Your servant.

SankarENAdarAt prOktam padAnAm tattvanirNayam
trisandhyam yah paThEt tasya SrIrvidyA AyuSca vardhatE ||
The meaning of the words had been explained by Lord Shiva out of affection. Whosoever reads this hymn with faith, thrice a day would have a great increase in prosperity, knowledge and longevity.

Ithi Shree Mantra Raja Patha stotram sampoornam.

Om Narasimhaya Namaha

No comments: